[orca-list] Improving Freedesktop Accessibility (was Re: Possibly Forking Gnome 2)

Hi Alex.

Not to keep highjacking this further, but the issues you reported on
Thunar are in the XFCE a11y wiki. Whoever did the testing for this
originally should really be praised.

Awwww, shucks. Thanks! <grins>

Having said that, the XFCE guys should get the most credit and praise.
They approached the GNOME a11y team back in FOSDEM and said they wanted
to make their desktop environment accessible with Orca. We didn't have
to hunt them down *at all*. How often does that sort of thing occur???

 I'd also ring up those guys and see how their a11y work is going.

FWIW, I did that a few weeks ago as things had gotten quiet. They were
on summer holidays but got back to me right away and told me that plan
to actively resume work. And as I keep stating, introspection, GNOME
freezes, etc. just about killed me -- not to mention required all of my
attention. But my plan is to focus most of my "free time" re-grouping
with them and helping them do what needs doing.

--joanie