Re: [orca-list] BEWARE: Fedora 15 & 16 Unusable for the Speech Dependent Orca User

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 00:55 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
Hi, Jason:

Jason White writes:
Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:

Issuing the following command as root works as expected.  Issuing this
command as an ordinary user hangs until a Ctrl-C.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to run these commands with strace, capture the
output and add it to the bug report.

Already done. Also, I've verified that selinux isn't the problem, and
I've provided ls -lZ and ls -ldZ output for ~/.speech-dispatcher
inasmuch as the strace seemed to suggest the problem was a "connection
refused" accessing the socket in that directory.

I'm pleased to report I have had good followup from Red Hat this
evening, so I'm hopeful. But, no solution yet.

You realize I'm just the QA monkey, I'm not actually capable of *fixing*
anything. =)

it might be nice if you could try in a more, hem, 'traditional'
configuration - i.e. not your PA-disabled, booting-to-runlevel-3 config
- before assuming it's just as broken for everyone. obviously something
is wrong here, but it may not be simply 100% broken - viz it seems to
work on my systems.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey