Re: [orca-list] BEWARE: Fedora 15 & 16 Unusable for the Speech Dependent Orca User

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:
Already done. Also, I've verified that selinux isn't the problem, and
I've provided ls -lZ and ls -ldZ output for ~/.speech-dispatcher
inasmuch as the strace seemed to suggest the problem was a "connection
refused" accessing the socket in that directory.

Have you tried configuring speech-dispatcher to use a network socket rather
than a UNIX socket, e.g., 127.0.0.1? That might give you a work-around until
the real issue is fixed.

Also, speech-dispatcher should report the error if it can't access the socket;
it shouldn't hang, in which case there's a bug pertinent to the lack of error
checking in addition to whatever the underlying problem is.

I can't remember how to set speech-dispatcher to use a network socket, but
it's in the configuration file and should be documented. Someone else on the
list probably knows if it isn't obvious.

I'm pleased to report I have had good followup from Red Hat this
evening, so I'm hopeful. But, no solution yet.

I hope it gets tracked down.