Re: [orca-list] speeding up orca by using ramdisks

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 10:27:39AM EDT, VojtÄch PolÃÅek wrote:
Hello,
I've got an idea. Maybe it is a stupid one, I don't know it is based
only on my little knowledge and little googling.
I know that in ubuntu there is possibility to place certain directories
directly into ram through /dev/shm or maybe through tmpfs...
Would it make some difference for orca, if being placed directly in ram?
For example those loong delays when loading long list of files? Or when
processing wep page?

This won't help Orca's performance. The vast majority of Orca's workload is CPu bound, usually working with
at-spi to query objects in a webpage/in a window, so no amount of files stored in RAM will help speed up the
object tree itteration process.

Luke