Re: [orca-list] reading long long long text files and orca

Ah. Since I upgraded to Oneiric, I have noted that gedit seems dedicated to making me crazy... I assumed it was something to do with the upgrade and have not used it since the latest rounds of updates. There for a while, I was having to open Orca preferences for gedit, hit the okay button to reset Orca preferences and then ALT + TAB a time or two to get back to gedit in order for it to read at all. I was having to do that with a couple of other programs, as well, and don't seem to now. Whew!

Since others are finding odd behaviors in gedit, I am relieved to know that I don't need to worry about that for now, since the updates I'm getting are really getting a lot of things working as expectedagain in Oneiric. /smile/When I get back to doing work tomorrow, I'll be using gedit a whole lot, so any gain from the new improvements will come as a big help to me.

Tami