Re: [orca-list] gnome 3.2

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:14:00PM EST, Jonathan Nadeau wrote:
Hello list,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this little problem. I have
gnome 3.2 running on ubuntu 11.10 and I think it is great! I should
mention I'm running gnome-shell. The only problem I'm having is when
I open firefox and thunderbird the programs open but I can't get
orca to read the screen when either of these 2 programs are opened.

Depending on how you installed and set up Ubuntu, you may need to set the
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility gconf key. The easiest way to do this is as follows:

Open a terminal, and type the following command:

gconftool-2 -s -t bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

From that point, thunderbird and firefox should work.

As for Alt Tab, I think this is due to the window manager for GNOME Shell, Mutter, not having support for
accessibility in the window switcher, however I could be wrong on this point, someone with more GNOME shell
experience is free to correct me.

Luke