[orca-list] Ever so Much Better

Hey There,

Ever since I switched to Vinux this past Sunday, practically all of
my technical problems have just disappeared. I can think of only
one issue that caused me a bit of perplexity. That of course was
the bizarre downloading difficulty, nothing that couldn't be dealt
with though.

On the other hand, when ever I had problems with my old Debian
system, those problems couldn't be dealt with. There were a host of
dilemmas that were just inherent with Debian, things I perforce
took to be merely a matter of course. For instance, The silence key
located between the left ctrl and alt keys would not silence
speech; it would just render it choppy. With the Vinux system,
hitting that key will do what it is supposed to do, and hush the
synthesizer immediately. The Vinux file decompression software will
open zip and rar files without any difficulties what-so-ever.

If I need to disable speech, and then re-enable it, it doesn't take
several seconds for the system to resume talking; it does so
instantaneously. I for months had a problem with Orca inexplicably
crashing and needing to be manually reloaded every few seconds.
There were other problems, but to meticulously address all of them
in this missive would be rather belaboring, so I'll forbear.

After trying to solve matters independently, I must have sent what
seemed like hundreds of distress calls out to the Debian, Linux and
Orca groups in search of help for problems that really had no
solutions to speak of, especially in the case of such a green
novice as myself. I was probably starting to look even more inept
than I really am; I certainly was beginning to feel decidedly
stupid. What with intense frustration, self castigation and
downright embarrassment, I was getting pretty miserable. However,
all of that negativity just blew away on a rather stiff breeze the
moment I installed Vinux on this machine of mine.

If this post sounds like something that a card-carrying poster
child would write, just go ahead and send the camera crew and the
interviewer over here so we can start production on the commercial.
Be forewarned however, that I don't make for a very cute little
poster child, because I am neither cute nor little.

cheerio,
Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/