Re: [orca-list] Orca 3.2.0 and Thunderbird 7.0

That problem has been around for some time for me. I think it was present in Thunderbird 3.3A builds, still not sorted. I get the feeling its a Thunderbird issue, flat review of orca can still see the message content (eg. if you only wish to hear what is in the message but not navigate by lines/characters/etc, then you can use "say all" and that works fine).

Michael Whapples
On -10/01/37 20:59, Guy Schlosser wrote:
I know I'm not an arch user, but since we're on the subject of thunderbird, I am noticing one problem.  When
I open thunderbird, everything appears fine.  I can navigate, delete, etc.  If I open a message though, any
consecutive message I open after that, I have no speech access to, unless I use orca --replace.  Luckily, I
have written a small C program to do this for me, and bound it to ctrl+alt+o.  Again, not sure if it's orca
3.2, thunderbird 7, or a combo of the two.  I would appreciate comment from anyone running Ubuntu 11.10, if
they are experiencing this problem as well.

Thanks,

Guy

--- On Sat, 10/1/11, Deedra Waters<deedra the-brannons com>  wrote:

From: Deedra Waters<deedra the-brannons com>
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca 3.2.0 and Thunderbird 7.0
To: orca-list gnome org
Date: Saturday, October 1, 2011, 6:30 PM
I'm not seeing that problem, but i'm
seeing my machine slow to a crawl
and orca crash a lot when i move around in thunderbird. I
don't know
though if it's orca 3.2 or the thunderbird update or a
combo of the 2.

On 10/01/2011 01:05 PM, Michael Whapples wrote:
Hello,
I have noticed an issue since upgrading to orca 3.2.0.
In short, to
reproduce go to the last message in a list of messages
in Thunderbird
(press end) and then press delete to delete the
message. When I do this
Thunderbird seems to always crash. I am using
thunderbird 7.0. I do not
remember this happening before I upgraded to orca
3.2.0. There also have
been occasions where the crash does not happen,
however I think in those
cases I have had more than one message selected at the
time.
Anyone else noticing this?

Michael Whapples
information on Orca.