[orca-list] Best distros for stable and latest gnome/orca

Hi,

I manage the technology section at the International Institute for Social Entrepreneurs in Kerala India. We promote the use of open-source technology to our participants who are starting social projects around the world - mainly in developing countries. About half our participants are blind and use orca during the course. It would be useful for orca development to get feedback from these participants on problems they encounter during their work with orca. For that reason, I would like to have a few computers set up with the very latest, cutting edge versions of gnome and orca.

However, when they graduate and go on to start their projects, I'd like them to have the very most stable distro, gnome and orca versions. Currently we run vinux 3.2 and ubuntu 11.04, but I'm not afraid to check out debian or arch if those offer better results: for testing and for stability. I am also interested in promoting orca and gnome accessibility to local programmers, but not sure how they could get involved in helping out.

Also if you know of any accessible programs apart from openoffice that would be useful for running small to medium organizations. Accounting software for example.

With best wishes,
David
http://www.bwb-iise.org
+91 9400332251