Re: [orca-list] orca suddenly can't find speech-dispatcher

Yep, that was it -- however I must have some more gnome  problems
because the keyboard does nothing.  I will have to investigate.

Thanks.

Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:

Hey John.

Hi.  I am using orca's xdesktop branch with the latest and greatest
(as
of about a week ago) orca, and gnome 2, latest gentoo updates and
orca
cannot find speech-dispatcher.

What happens if you type the following in a terminal:
python -c 'import speechd'

If you get an import error, then the problem is that you're missing
the python bindings for speech-dispatcher.

Take care.
--joanie

How do
you spend it?