[orca-list] orca suddenly can't find speech-dispatcher

Hi.  I am using orca's xdesktop branch with the latest and greatest (as
of about a week ago) orca, and gnome 2, latest gentoo updates and  orca
cannot find speech-dispatcher.  I have export
SPEECHD_ADDRESS=inet_socket:localhost:6560
and I know it works, because if I export it in my bash, spd-say is nnot
working.  It looks like atspi2 registry is  running -- should it be --
and I seem to also have the older atspi installed as well.

Anyone can help with this, it would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici
         covici ccs covici com