[orca-list] workaround for arrow key controls in HTML5 audio and video elements

If I tab to an audio or video element in Firefox using Orca, I can play or pause it, but I am unable to skip forward or backward or change the volume of the element without either using bypass mode each time I want to press an arrow key or quitting Orca. I tried turning off structural navigation, but this doesn't work either. Is there another workaround for this I haven't yet discovered? Even a sticky bypass mode that I could turn on and then turn off with the same key combination is better than either of the workarounds I've tried. Better still would be alternative key combinations for the arrow controls that can be used while focusing an audio or video element. Thanks for any help.
~Kyle