Re: [orca-list] Vinux-3.01X64dvd speech problem

On Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:21 PM, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hi.  A fix for the systems that boot too quickly is listed on the latest news page, i'm pasting it for your reference below. I hope it helps!

18/03/2011 - Fix for no sound after installation of 3.0.1.

If you had the problem of no sound after installing Vinux 3.0.1, here is a solution.

you can restore sound by waiting until the system has fully booted then pressing ctrl+alt+t to open a terminal, and

then typing the following commands exactly as written:

sudo /etc/init.d/pulseaudio  reload

then press ctrl+alt+o to reload Orca.

Then if you’re not using a live cd/dvd and would like to make the change permanent, alt tab back to the terminal and run:

sudo gedit /etc/init.d/pulseaudio

Scroll down and change 'sleep 4' to 'sleep 12' on line 39 then save this file. Next time you restart, the sound should be fine.

The first command to reload pulse audio is relevant to your situation, and as you can see we've outlined if the issue persists after installation how to fix it.

HTH,

Mo.