[orca-list] Hello and a question

Hello listers.
My name is Matthew Campbell and some of you may recognize my name from the viphone and mac visionaries lists.
I'm going to be using a lot of linux in one of my classes at college and really don't know that much about
it. I'm hoping that you'll all be able to give me a hand and when I'm able too, I'll return the favour.
My first question is an interesting one. I have a dell netbook and so I've set up a flash drive that can run
the linux installer. How might I get this to talk? I'll be installing Ubuntu 11.04.
Thanks for any assistance.
Matthew Campbell.