Re: [orca-list] Starting Orca under Gnome3 in Arch linux

First off, I have the problem with Orca not starting at login even though it's set to start, so this is probably a bug. This is the case both with the version of Orca that is available in the gnome-extra group as well as orca-git from AUR, which I had to install in order to get Firefox and Thunderbird to speak, and for some reason required me to go through the setup process a second time.

As for Orca not speaking past the welcome message, try installing at-spi2-atk

sudo pacman -S at-spi2-atk

This should most likely solve your problem, unless of course, you have already tried that, in which case, I'm not really sure what is causing the problem or how to fix it. Good luck with GNOME3. It seems to be not quite as bad as some people made it seem. <smile>
~Kyle