To: "orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 4:01 AM
Subject: [orca-list] running orca from git repository

Good evening, all.

I've read all about people doing this and I've been meaning to try it
out.  How does one run the latest and greates orca from the git
repository?  I've a notion on how it works but don't want to just try
it in case I break my Orca real good.  Can someone please confirm or
correct the following?

1.  Clone the repository.
2.  Remove current orca installation.
3.  run configure; make; make install from the repository
4.  Periodically run git pull on the repository
5.  I'm stuck!  HOw do I keep the thing recent?  Do I run make and
make install again or is there another command that just updates the
new bits and leaves all the other stuff in place?

Sorry for the seemingly innane question.  Please assit.

Thanks.
Alex M