Re: [orca-list] Orca does not see any app

Sebastien Hinderer <Sebastien Hinderer ens-lyon org> wrote:
Dear all,

I'm having a problem with Orca on Debian unstable, i.e. orca version
2.30.2-2. I'm running the graphical interface from the Linux console
with the following command:
startx /usr/bin/gnome-session

Try startx without any command line parameters - this should work if Gnome is
the default desktop.
Then Orca is ran automatically by Gnome.
Everything was working properly till recently.
Now, Orca shows its startup message in Braille and hangs up after a
while, leaving brltty's "screen not in text mode" be displayed on the
braille display.

I'm running exactly the same version of Orca on Debian unstable and not
encountering any such problem - it's working fine here.

Are you sure that at-spi-registryd is starting? Perhaps looking in
~/.xsession-errors would be helpful at this point.