[orca-list] IMPORTANT: 2.91.93, 3.0, and master

Hey all.

Due to some recent questions, I have concluded my "We've branched for
GNOME 3.0" announcement was not sufficiently clear. So, trying again:

* There is a 3.0 branch. It is meant for GNOME 3.

* Beginning with 2.91.93, Orca releases come from the GNOME 3 branch.

* In order to work in GNOME 3, we were provided a patch which removes a
  gconf check and replaces it with a gsettings check. We had to include
  that patch.

* That patch breaks Orca's traditional "backwards compatibility" with
  earlier versions of GNOME. Therefore, the breakage patch is in the
  GNOME 3.0 branch (and hence is included in 2.91.93). The breakage
  patch is NOT in master. That way, all of you who test but do not use
  gnome 3 can still have the latest features and fixes.

To be clear: If you use GNOME 3, you should probably use the GNOME 3
branch as that will be "stable" for you. If you do not use GNOME 3, you
should either use your distro's release, OR you should use master.

Again: The GNOME 3 branch (including releases beginning with 2.91.3) is
for GNOME 3.

As soon as possible, Ale and I will find a solution which works with all
environments (gconf, gsettings, and non-gnome). When we find that
solution, it will go into both the GNOME 3 branch and master. And we
will once again be back to our full backwards compatibility.

Questions?

--joanie