Re: [orca-list] a funny story

From: Guy Schlosser <guyster104 att net>

Hey all, well I have a funny story that all of us who are totally
blind should appreciate.  I upgraded my system to Natty last night,
and all went well with what I thought were no issues.  I logged into
Unity, and while I know a11y support is not complete, I was impressed
that I was able to see the launcher toolbar and run programs.  I went

Yes, right now the launcher is one of the only pieces with a11y
support. It is still pending the dash, and we would like to, at least,
provide support for the alt+f2 dialog on the next stable release of
Unity.

to show my GF what the new desktop was going to look like, and
although Orca was reading everything like it should, she was able to
see nothing.  There were icons on the launcher, and a white box in the
middle of the screen, for what I believe was the orca window.

So was you able to interact with Unity using without problem, but your
girlfriend couldn't because the visual aspect of Unity was wrong?

Well, this is strange. Anyway, this seems a kind of visual
glitch. Using unstable releases I had some of then sometimes. As
usual, anything using OpenGL (as Unity) are dependant of the graphic
card drivers.

And of course, I really think that this is not related with the
current a11y support.

Although I think this is hilarious, because normally I'm the one
asking for sighted help, why did this happen?  I switched back to
classic gnome, and everything was as it should be visually.  Any
suggestions as to how to fix the display in Unity?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

That happened with previous releases? As I said, this seems a
driver/card problem.

Anyway, my advise would be create a bug on launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+filebug

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)