Re: [orca-list] Reload configuration command line option

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 10:03:10AM +0000, Christopher Obbard wrote:

But doesn't this just restart Orca as I am doing now?
Yes, but that's the best for now.  In fact, if you are reloading the
settings, in some cases, one might need to have orca restarted
anyway.  But Yes, I think it would be an added feature to just simply
reload the settings from a selected folder.  Thing is, since most orca
settings are set from within orca, I can't imagine why one would wanna
reload the settings.  These don't usually get changed from outside
orca if at all.  This reload idea is more common with deamons like
Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and other mail daemons.  All of which have
manually editted files and then the reload option is used to update
the config settings without restarting the program.  But Orca doesn't
usually get managed in this manner.