[orca-list] Latest Orca git on Arch linux

Hi all,
Well, maybe I am doing something wrong here, so any help is really apreciated.
I decided to upgrade to the latest Orca git, in this case v3.13 and for the convenience I used the package
from AUR and it went fine and it asked me if I wanted to remove the old Orca so I answered yes.
After that I tried using Firefox5 but that wasn't accessible, at least that's what Orca told me, so I thought
I should also upgrade at-spi to the latest git so I then downloaded it manually from Gnome's git server and
installed missing dependencies. I then typed:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi
make
make install
But now, Orca doesn't work. I get no speech or braille output after I hit Alt-F2 and typed Orca. What's wrong?
Many thanks for any help,
Christian