[orca-list] Further Reflections On Orca Speech Output problems

With regard to new revisions of Orca, one expects various and
sundry bugs to have been fixed, which of course would occasion the
latest version of the software. In order to spot check and
troubleshoot a Linux system, one has to be quite conversant with
either the Gnome or Linux systems; proficiency in both systems
would be even more preferable.

Such being the case, one would be able to make educated guesses as
to the nature and/or cause of a problem, and they would have a
pretty good idea as to where to look and what to do. One of the
group members has recommended my at least considering a switch to
a Vinux system. He seemed to feel that a Vinux distro would be more
compatible with the limited skills of a novice Linux user.

Now high quality Linux manuals aren't all that difficult to find.
In fact, I have a couple of books in e-text that I am dying to
study. However, I have never heard of an actual manual in e-text
for the Gnome system. Moreover, the same is so, to the best of my
knowledge, with regard to the Orca speech system.

At this juncture, I am looking for pointers on how I might go about
restoring reliable speech to my system. In short, I haven't a clue
as to why this is happening, let alone what to do about it. For
instance, why is there a problem with using the cursor keys in the
manner I have always done, yet I can listen to streaming audio all
day long? What would using the cursor and/or mouse keys have to do
with causing the speech to just cut out? These are the sorts of
insoluble enigmas with which I am contending.

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/