Re: [orca-list] Table Nav Commands Crash Epiphany Browser

Hmmmm....

I am not seeing this in Oneiric; only Natty. Upgrading my Natty box to
use the latest WebKitGtk packages from Oneiric doesn't make any
difference. But more importantly the backtrace I'm seeing in gdb is
chocked full of liborbit stuff, along with libspi.

<insert sigh here>

I'm grumpy because I had explicitly removed all those old libraries to
be sure I had a nice, clean AT-SPI2 environment. Something must have
snuck them in as a dependency. And I'm thinking it might have been the
epiphany which ships with Natty. I really need to pay more attention to
what package managers are doing on my behalf. But I digress....

What I wound up doing:

1. Re-removed all the bonobo crap and re-installed some AT-SPI2 packages
   which had gone missing perhaps at the same time the old stuff
   reappeared. <insert another sigh here>
2. Tried the Natty epiphany (based on Gtk2, etc.). It is now
   inaccessible due to libgail-gnome which I cannot reinstall or build
   from git because of libgail-gnome's dependency upon bonobo, etc.
3. Removed the Natty epiphany stuff.
4. Installed the Oneiric epiphany stuff (including a number of
   dependencies).

Problem solved. No more crashes. Things work as expected with table
navigation.

Given that this appears to be neither an Orca bug nor a WebKitGtk bug
but instead a bug caused by/related to deprecated libraries and/or an
earlier version of epiphany, my advice to you is either file a bug
downstream in launchpad and get them to sort it out, or have Vinux ship
with more current versions of things.

And after this little game, I'm removing Natty from this system.

Take care.
--joanie