[orca-list] Gnome-orca Package Names

Vinux will soon be using gnome-orca packages based on the orca-xdesktop 3.1.2 release.  Currently they are in testing status.  I have not changed the name
of the package.

As we move forward and move to gnome3.x, will either the gnome 2.x xdesktop branch or the gnome 3.x master branch packages need to be renamed so they can
coexist, or at least so they can be distinguished from each other?  How does Ubuntu plan on handling this in their repositories?  For Vinux, we are planning
on the current gnome 2.x edition of orca, now the xdesktop branch to remain "gnome-orca".  This should make it easy for current users to update.  We then
would call the package for gnome 3.x, based on the orca master to be named "gnome3-orca"

Does this make sense?

--

Don Marang
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org