[orca-list] Orca backend error

Hello I I search for a nice magnification tool for Linux. I tried out compiz but the image was bumpy so I take a look at orca and think it is okey. Now I tried to compile it on grml 05.2011 I downloaded the stable ( Orca-3.1.3-xdesktop)  and installed:

intltool build-essential libc6-dev gnome-doc-utils python-xdg libglib2.0-bin gsettings-desktop-schemas python-anyjson gnome-common libglib2.0-dev

run: ./configure && make
go to src/orca run orca and get the error:

GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "orca.py", line 510, in <module>
    _settingsManager = SettingsManager()
  File "/home/blub/orca/orca-3.1.3-xdesktop/src/orca/settings_manager.py", line 95, in __init__
    raise Exception('SettingsManager::_loadBackend fails.')
Exception: SettingsManager::_loadBackend fails.

So got any one of you hints how I adjust compiz in a way that the fullscreen zoom window only moves when I touch the window border?

So I tested it on Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity and got the same.

Could any one of you tell me some fullscreen magnifer tools to test or how I could fix my orca on griml error?

any hints or Idear? If you need more information to support my problem, just ask for it ;-)