Re: [orca-list] more thunderbird issues

There seems to be a bug somewhere either in the latest Thunderbird or in Orca. I usually have to tab once after opening a message to get it to speak. Then I can hit control-home and read it with the arrows. Other times, the tab doesn't make it speak, so the only thing to do is to run
orca --replace
This resets things, and your message will then speak normally. Yes, this is a bit much to have to do sometimes, but this bug is fairly new, and hopefully will be fixed soon.
~Kyle