Re: [orca-list] java applets

Hello,
As I remember I did send a response. For either platform (Linux or Windows) you will need the appropriate access bridge installed like you do for swing applications (IE. java access bridge on Windows, java ATK wrapper on Linux). I think applets should be comparable to java swing applications regarding accessibility.

I have certainly used java applets (admittedly not very advanced ones) with orca and Dolphin Hal. I am not sure about NVDA.

As with GUI applications in general, the developer may have broken the accessibility, so you may wish to find a very basic one to test out where the problem is. Probably a basic thing from a tutorial on applets would do, one which may be shows a button.

Michael Whapples