[orca-list] orca from git on Lucid

Hi all, here's hoping someone can help me out of a no speech jam. I updated a computer at work that runs Ubuntu Lucid, and tried to install orca from git. I used the git line found on live.gnome.org/Orca, and all went well with the autogen make, and make install. Now when I launch orca though, I have no speech. I have heard mention here of a orca-xdesktop branch. Is there a git command I should enter to pull that instead of master? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance,

Guy