Re: [orca-list] java applets

As far as I know and from some basic use of applets, they should be as accessible as any other Java swing application. I guess you have the java plugin for the browser installed and working properly. You probably (this is from memory) need the Java access bridge or Java ATK wrapping installed.

Obviously the applet accessibility will depend on how the specific one is done, so may be you want to check with a very basic one which just uses standard controls to confirm that the access bridge stuff is set up correctly. I guess something from a Java applet programming tutorial (something like the "add a button to an applet" type of example) would do this nicely.

I know that orca should work with applets, applets can be accessible on windows (I have tried them with dolphin hal) but I cannot say whether NVDA works with applets.

Michael Whapples