[orca-list] Problems to get orca started after booting the system

Hi listers
I'm not sure if this is a known bug, or just some nonsense my computer is up to. So here goes: After starting my system Orca starts normally with the welcome message. Unfortunately it doesn't really "hook" onto the system afterwards for about twenty seconds or so The keys I press are spoken while the message ist displayed on the braille display. Then it stops and the braille displays showes "screen not in text mode" Most times I have to restart orca two or three times to get it really running, but occassionally it takes twelve or more tries. I tried to test if it makes a difference if I didn't let orca start automatically with the system. It doesn't.
Any ideas?
Guenni