Re: [orca-list] (RFC) speaking position in XUL menus

Hy,

Trev, possible this is subjective, but for example I like known how many menu item have a main menu, and what the actual position if I not known an application or using a new application for first time. Or, if I opened a main menu with a new application, easy to see how many main menu have the menu bar when I moning the menu bar without need pressing any extra command. I no, where am I spokening this, but if this is possible automatic way, this is better I think if the speak child position checkbox is checked, similar with another objects (combo boxes, radio buttons, etc). When I doed position index spokening feature (I think before Orca 2.28 release), I put the positioninList with menu related objects in src/orca/formatting.py file, and Willie is accepted this before committed the final implementation. Joanie, what your openion: need removing position index spokening for menu objects? For beginner users I think this possibility is useful for example if not known yet detailed Orca commands, because known for example the GNOME applications menu how many menu items hawe the applications menu, and what the actual position in the menu with an automatic way.

Attila