Re: [orca-list] Structural HTML navigation by lists

On 23/01/11 07:35, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
On 1/22/2011 10:38 AM, Marcus Habermehl wrote:

 Am 21.01.2011 17:10, schrieb Steve Holmes:
 We've had the comparison issues between screen readers in the past.  I
 don't want to see Orca implement something just because Jaws has it,
nor do I want something to be implemented like jaws just just because some
 people in windows use jaws.  I for one, don't do jaws and have no
 intentions of doing so.  If it just so happens that a feature is well
 implemented in jaws, then do it; otherwise, if there is a better way,
 I would rather see that instead.

Chris +1
And I do use a lot of structural navigation on the web.

 I agree with you completely. To me it's not about that JAWS has
 individual lists. Only I am of the opinion that there is a reason that
 two different screen readers have individual lists.
Just a side note, now we have links list in firefox. It is a very good plugin.
I really liked the filter feature and we also have move to link option.
But honestly with the quick key ' being able to get me near to a link by typing the first few characters, I hardly use that links list.

This is just how I surf the web, but I don't use the elements lists in
JAWS hardly at all anymore, now that I can use quick keys to jump from
link to link or heading to heading. One of the reasons I prefer this
approach is that I can use the context of the text around links with
names like "Click here" to see what they're referring to. I personally
wouldn't find this feature very useful, and I don't think this feature
is as useful in JFW as it was before they implemented quick key
navigation. Like I said, this is just my opinion, and how I surf the web.
again +1
Jumping from heading to heading and that two structurally navigating between different levels of headings is a really great feature and I never felt I was missing some thing.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.