[orca-list] Change voice and language profiles

Hi all,

I have been using orca since the last September. It's a nice screen
reader. However, I would like to manage more acurately the voices and
the language. About these questions, I have the following doubts:

1. I used Espeak with NVDA. I am used to choose variant voices. Orca
uses as a default voice one called by NVDA as John. It doesn't seem to
be the best voice. it sounds for me a little bit sharp. In NVDA, there
are variant voices with different settings for bass and high
frequences and for several aspects for the voice. The user can't
change all the settings directly. In the NVDA interface, only the name
of a pre-configured voice can be chosen. In spite of this, the user
can open a folder where a text file of voice settings are placed. I
attached to this message an example of NVDA voice settings. Observe
that users can create their own variant voices with their preferences.
Orca uses Espeak as voice synthesis, so I presume the same can be done
for orca. In orca settings, I can only choose my language, the
portuguese, but perhaps I could also change via setting files the
behaviour of the default voice. Can it be done?

2. I often read texts in portuguese, english, spanish and italian.
Therefore, I need to change the active voice for the language
appropriated for the moment. Navigating in  Internet, this feature
would be more desirable yet. However, among the screen readers I know,
Orca has the more  burocratic way to access the language changing. If
you want to read a short text, it's better to try to understand the
text written in other language with the active voice language, in my
case, the portuguese. The number of keys to be pressed until reaching
the correct local to enable the change is very large.
The language menu can be kept at the place it is now. Users can change
their the default language. But a key to change quickly and perhaps,
temporarily is  required. If I could change the language with a unique
keystroke, well, it would be perfect! The absence of a quick language
changing is really unconfortable.

Regards,

--
Luciano de Souza