Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 11.10 setting unity 2D as default desktop?

I haven't done this myself, but when watching the discussion on the
ubuntu-accessibility mailing list, the method where you edit that text
file only works when your desktop is closed. It seems that when you exit
the desktop that file gets rewritten. So if you're having trouble with
this method, close your desktop before editing this file.

The reason Luke and others came up with the method involving that long
command line was so that it could be done without shutting down the
desktop and Orca. I applaud all of the people who worked on this with
trial and error to come up with these different options.