[orca-list] what is safe to upgrade?

Hi all

I was looking at the update manager and noting that there are a lot of updates that I could install on my
computer. But I remember reading on the vinux website a recommendation against upgrading. I also remember
when I used ubuntu a few years back, that upgrading often carried the side effect of canning any
accessibility that was working on the original system.

Does there exist a rule of thumb regarding what items it is safe to upgrade and when?

Regards
Justin Harford