Re: [orca-list] ibm voices

Justin Harford <blindstein gmail com> wrote:

What do you do for access when booting into single user mode? I found that I did not have any voice support
there.

Use Speakup; it's the same as any other console session. However, if Speakup
isn't starting automatically, you may have to run it manually when you're in
single user mode.

I'm a braille display user, so I'm not as familiar as I should be with
Speakup, but there is a Web site and a mailing list available for it if you're
having problems.

When I boot my debian system into single user mode, BRLTTY is started and the
braille display is detected automatically, without any configuration required.