Re: [orca-list] distribution for netbook

On 12/12/11 05:07, Jason White wrote:
Justin Harford<blindstein gmail com>  wrote:

I think a lighter variant of linux would be better for this machine. What do
you guys think? Is there a way I could lighten up vinux, or a good distro
out there that you would suggest for me?
In this situation I would install Debian, choosing only the essential
packages during the installation process. I would then boot the new system and
start installing only the packages that I needed.

Yet, gnome will be pritty heavy on memory and with Orca you can't do away with Gnome i guess.

Arch Linux should also be flexible enough to allow you to do this.

Is arch secured?

I would also suggest working primarily from console sessions rather than from
a GUI, and trying out alternatives to Gnome such as XFCE, accessibility to
which with Orca is said to be improving.

This is some thing even I am curious about.

Can any one on the list please update me on xfce?
is it really accessible now and how much?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.