Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird launching very slowly if Orca running. Why happening this?

On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 12:46:27PM -0500, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hey all.

TOTAL PROCESSING TIME: 24.5515

what unit is this? if its seconds that's really suprising.

Yeah, it's seconds. And looking at Attila's debug output there are

hmm, it seemed to me like that was the processing time for just one of
the events, but I guess I don't understand the format that well :-)

over 10,000 lines (yes ten thousand!!!) of
object:property-change:accessible-name getting queued up. One line
per event. In other words, this is an epic event flood from
Thunderbird or Gecko. I'm really not sure what I can do other than
to ask Thunderbird/Gecko to just cut it out for pete's sake.

Well, that's simple, thunderbird can just not tell you about the
messages ;-)

More seriously the way a email client works is you have a treeviewish
thing with a list of all your messages (in this case ~25000).  Each item
in the list view should be an accessible right? so we need to add each
of those 2500 accessibles, and then tell at-spi that each of them got a
name.  I'm not sure why its 10000+ instead of 2500+ but that's roughly a
factor of four so with 0 debuging involved I'll gues there is more than
one accessible per message.

SO while I understand not wanting that many events I think you want
that more than the alternative.

I think the solution here needs to be some sort of api change in atk or
smart events, so ccing g-a-d

Trev, are you still involved with Gecko development? If so it would
be awesome if you could take a look at this.

a little when not dealing with school

Trev

Take care.
--joanie