Re: [orca-list] e-SPEAK

The other voices are merely different options passed to the same
espeak module.  I think it would require a modification to Orca to
handle voice selection.  In fact you might be able to do it now; I'm
not on a gnome machine right now so cannot verify this.  See, when you
choose speech systems, speech dispatcher was one of the choices and
under that, you could then select which synth.  From there however,
you probably could not select specific voices for the synth.  Also,
since speech dispatcher is now the only speech service I think
available anymore,, I'm not too sure what to expect now.  Sorry for
being so vague and rambling but as I type this, I could imagine
modifying the synth selection code to allow for further speech
parameter selection.  Also, since speech dispatcher is in the middle,
it also has to allow for this parameter passing and I know for sure
you cannot do this with the generic module; I think each synth module
in speech dispatcher would need also to be modified to allow for this
level of detail.

Hope this helps some.