Re: [orca-list] Unity and Orca

Hello.

You can switch back to the GNOME desktop by following these steps (I am sorry, but I do not know how well Orca works with these steps as I use a screen magnifier via Compiz for access):

1. Log out of your current Unity desktop.

2. At the login screen, select your user name (do not login yet, though.

3. A menu will appear at the bottom of the screen which contains options for desktop environments. If you select "Ubuntu Classic" this will log you in to the classic GNOME desktop which you are used to.

I was not too fond of Unity, either; it did not play well with the Compiz Enhanced Zoom Desktop (eZoom) plugin which I use for screen magnification.

I am sorry that I cannot be of much help in doing this strictly with the keyboard.