Re: [orca-list] Accessibility of Chromium / Google Chrome

Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni google com> wrote:
Ideally I'd like to find someone who'd be
willing to compile Chromium from source and then help test patches
that make it accessible and help debug things when Orca doesn't behave
as expected.

I am interested in this effort, and I would also like to get ChromeVox
working. The problem with the latter is that I don't know how to obtain useful
debugging information, given that the Chrome/Chromium user interface isn't
accessible under Linux when ChromeVox isn't successfully running.

One question to which I don't have an answer is whether the Debian package of
Chromium includes the accessibility and TTS extensions needed by ChromeVox,
but I can pursue this inquiry further if nobody else is already doing so.

I am also in a position to compile software from source code and to apply
patches, given build instructions. If anyone is already building Debian
packages then I can obviously download those instead of duplicating effort.

I know just enough C++ to be able to understand the syntax and read code, but
not enough to program well in it.