Re: [orca-list] pdf

kyle4jesus gmail com <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
I've been hearing about Evince accessibility for about 2 years. I'm not
holding my breath, although it will be nice to have.

Mozilla are working on a PDF renderer written entirely in Javascript. It would
be a good project for someone to extend this to add support for tagged PDF
and to provide the option of an accessible version of the document.

git clone git://github.com/andreasgal/pdf.js.git

It runs inside a browser - no plug-in required, of course, and it's still in
early development.