[orca-list] orca does not announce selected cells in calc

Hello all,
I am using orca 3.1.4 xdesktop and libre office.
I found that when I try to select cells using shift right arrow for setting a range for merging, orca does not announce the selected cells.

I use libre office 3.3
So could some one tell me if this is a known bug or is there a work around or a patch? I am pretty well used to using calc, but if i were to teach this to an average blind person or let's say make tutorials, this is not a good thing.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.