Re: [orca-list] Audiobooks

Thanks! I'd seen Audacity but wasn't sure... Now I've got it and have an
exciting new toy to play with. /smile/

On Sun, 2011-08-07 at 13:20 -0400, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Tami,

Well, I don't know about a media player per say, but you can certainly
open the mp3, ogg, or whatever format you are using in Audacity and
then go to the effects menu and change the speed or use the speech
compressor option, and resave the book at your favorite speed.

To install Audacity, if you haven't already done so, is do
"sudo apt-get install audacity"
 from the terminal and apt-get will fetch Audacity and install it.
Also you might want to install lame as well if you are working with
mp3s.

HTH