Re: [orca-list] Radios, Youtube and blogs

Luciano de Souza napsal(a):
Hi all,

I have been using Orca for a year. I don't know the Orca's age, but it's obvious the hard work of developers. From that time to Orca 2.91.92, the version I use, the improvements are really wonderful.

Ubuntu has replaced Windows in my daily activities. However, as far as I use it, more and more needs come up. Yes, the first step is the usage, but the second is sofisticate this usage. In this message, I ask about some tasks that I could not do so easily as in Windows:

1. Listening radios
Radios are everywhere in Internet, but it's not easy to find them, to connect them and navigate in their websites. In Windows, I had Tapinradio. I could find radios for coutries, styles and other tags. Only a few commands were needed to listen, record, schedule tasks on radios of a large database. Having arrived at Linux world, I tried Stream Tuner. I was able to listen only pre-selected radios. I couldn't find radios by contry and I really could'nt do listen anything I wanted. Was someone more successful than me? Does someone know another friendly desktop application for this purpose?

2. Downloading Youtube videos
By means of Youtube, I have been learning more of playing guitar. In Windows, I downloaded videos by a desktop tool and convert them to mp3. Having saved them in a movable device, I could listen some llessons more confortably.
using Linux and Orca, how to download and convert Youtube videos to mp3?

3. Updating blogs
Of course, I can do it by browser interface, but if there is a desktop application to do it for Google or Hotmail blogs, it would be certainly more confortable. The navigation in internet with Orca is not so confortable yet. Wehn a link is found, a delay occurs; we can't press ctrl+arrows to navigate among blocks of links and, in my computer, even though not so often as previously, but Orca is still crashing in web tasks. Desktop applications are more confortable than web applications in the sense that custom keystrokes are available and desktop is more confortable almost by definition.
Therefore, I ask: are there desktop tools to update blogs?

Regards,

Luciano