[orca-list] thunderbird questions

Hello,
I'm using thunderbird with some success but have a couple observations.

I'm running orca 3.0 and noticed that when I hit ctrl-w to close a message, there is a several seconds delay before orca announces the current message in the message list. If, however, I delete the message with the del key, the next message is read without a noticeable delay. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

Next, how to move to the next/previous message when reading mail?

Finally, is there any way to view/save attachments in orca?

Chris