Re: [orca-list] adobe reader on Ubuntu 64 bit

Hi
Adobe Reader is, to put it mildly, troublesome with Orca even without taking 64-bit into account. Even on Windows with the screen readers there, it never seems to work quite right (parts of pdf's missing, MSAA crashes, things like that). Quite honestly, what I do is open the pdf in evince (GNOME's default pdf viewer) then select all with ctrl-a, copy with ctrl-c, then paste into whatever text editor I choose. It's a bit crude, but it works well enough for me though at the cost of some structural navigation ability. Hopefully we actually get native accessibility to evince at some point in the not too distant future.