Re: [orca-list] how to copy text from the terminal

Yes, the various work-arounds are actually quite clever and funny at
times.  That clipboard in Speakup is down right beautiful and xclip
works well for me too.  So far what I did to make it easy and quick
for me to use is create two aliases - xp to paste from clipboard to
the screen and xc to copy the contents of STDIN to the clipboard.
This relates to Orca in the fact that however text is selected and
copied in the GUI, we can jump over into a native text console and use
those contents in emacs, vim, or whatever.  In fact, as I bone up on
my emacs lisp skills, I think I will create a little ditty that will
use xclip to retrieve the clipboard and paste into an emacs buffer.
Yeah, I wanna see if I can get something going this weekend on that.
I use emacs to edit my e-mail messages all the time with mutt.