Re: [orca-list] n82 and ubuntu

Michael Weaver <weavermicha googlemail com> wrote:
I have tried to connect my N82 to my PC running Ubuntu Lucid only I am
not getting any message from Orca that it has been recognised although
the dealer for my mobile phone assures me that my cable for my phone
isn't faulty.
Also I tried removing my Micro SD card and using my card reader to read
my card for my mobile with the same result, no message from Orca about
it having been recognised.

What did your kernel logs show? See my earlier post.

I suggest starting from the bottom and moving upward:

Does your kernel recognize the USB device?

Is it a mass storage device?

can you mount it?

If yes, you can then look into the details of why Gnome might not be
recognizing it.