Re: [orca-list] BREAKING NEWS: UBUNTU SCRAPPING GNOME IN VERSION 11.04!

Hi,
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 04:39:08AM -0500, Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
I respect any distro's right to choose their direction, and certainly
Ubuntu has done the same.

ACK.
However all big distros which are sponsored by a company have serious
accessibility problems.
Ubuntu was an example how a11y could work in mainstream distros in the
past
but _I
Am_ sure this decision will change that.

What concerns me about Canonical's decision to go with Unity is that
they are requesting that any contributions to Unity development be given
the copyrights to Canonical.  To say that this is a concern is an
undertatement for me, as people need to understand that if they wish to
contribute to accessibility and maintain freedom and copyrights, it
needs to be done directly through GNOME accessibility for which then
Ubuntu can "use" the software.  But if you contribute to Unity for
accessibility instead, then your work becomes the property of Canonical.

Well afaik the speech-dispatcher projects does the same :-(. All
contributions should give cr to brailcom.
It seems this will get more popular these days :-(.
BR.
Halim